poniedziałek, 27 stycznia 2014

#giyongchy


We all have our role models. Mine appears to be a fairly young man who has slayed the world with his charisma, music and fashion. Because this is a personal style blog, I'll tell you about his influence on me fashion-wise. Honestly, GD has inspired me to go past my "style comfort zone" and experiment with various trends that at first don't really seem to go well together, but the more you look at them, the better they look. A few years ago I started as your average vintage/preppy lover, wearing the so-called "grandpa sweaters", neat shirts, neckties, bowties, plaid skirts... It's still the base of my outfits, but thanks to GD I know that I can break those predictable outfits with edgy elements such as heavy boots, bold jewellery, vibrant colours... The list goes on and on. He's going around in well-fitted suits most of the time, but you would NEVER call them boring because of all those prints and accessories.
As for today's outfit, I decided to pay a direct tribute to him by this custom sweatshirt with a hashtag "Giyongchy" - or a mock name of his fave brand Givenchy he uses in his music videos (you can see lots of merch with Giyongchy logo on Asian street style blogs). The rest is just my humble rendition of his comfy airport fashion, a contradiction to his polished on-stage look: leopard print, bits of gold, combat boots, giant fur hat... I know that my outerwear might not look as fabulous as his, but I'm not even trying to kid you that it's warm enough to take an off-coat shot.
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram!

#GIYONGCHY






sweatshirt - custom
shirt, fur hat, gloves, shades - H&M
coat - New Yorker
combat boots - Heavy Duty
cross bracelet - sinsay

Photos taken by Marta, thank you! ♥

4 komentarze:

  1. Never heard of him, but just googled him :D Wicked rad style indeed :D
    Love the layering here, especially the leopard shirt underneath <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Isn't it? GD's style is awesome on so many levels. This is the second time I'm wearing this shirt here (the first time was in the first post) and I'm pairing it with red again... well. Thank you for the comment, as usual!

      Usuń
  2. great look;)
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    http://emyniaaa.blogspot.com

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...