sobota, 31 października 2015

A Clockwork Pink Grapefruit


Halloween, at last! This year, I managed to set up a fancy photoshoot especially for this awesome holiday. Since I'm not a fan of your typically spooky (or, should I say, spoopy) costumes, I decided to do something classy for Halloween: an outfit inspired by A Clockwork Orange's Alexander.
(Who would've thought that it's my favourite book, huh?)


...wait, what? Pink hair, you say? Of course I had to add some personal touches. As I told you, this outfit is only inspired by Alexander. There are some elements that are undeniably linked to the character: a bowler hat, loose white shirt, heavy boots and characteristic right eye makeup; the rest is my personal preference. I guess I turned the orange into a pink grapefruit by wearing this wig, haha.


This is obvious for anyone familiar with the story, but a bottle of milk (with a fancy straw matching my hair) is also an in-character thing. And because I can't stand plain milk, I just used tiramisu-flavoured one. It was so yummy that you can notice the glass getting more and more empty on some photos!


The photos were taken in front of Izrael Poznanski's Palace, which is, in my opinion, one of the most gorgeous buildings to see in Lodz. I had no idea you could take pictures there, but we (me and my photographer) even asked the security guy for permission and, well, that's how we got an awesome background for this elegant photoshoot.


One more thing: the place is always full of tourists. We started at a relatively early hour, but some elderly lady came up to us and asked if we're shooting a film, and oh, by the way, she finds my wig and costume absolutely beautiful. Why, thank you, random tourist, I feel honoured to be taken for a movie star!


shirt, scarf - thrifted
leather pants - Vero Moda
combat boots - Heavy Duty

Photos taken by Marta D., thank you!

2 komentarze:

  1. what a lovely post my dear
    the pictures are amazing, so inspiring,
    love your style, it’s always so on point

    lovely :)
    with love your AMELY ROSE

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Amazing movie and a great look on you. Well done!/love Ida

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...