wtorek, 10 listopada 2015

The story behind


Sentimental game is strong in this one. This outfit is basically a collection of items I've been waiting to grab with my needy hands for a loooong time before the fate has brought them to me (y'know, it's fate and it's great... does anybody here watch Bob's Burgers?). You already know the story behind the hat and the sailor fuku bag, so it's time to go on with my explanation... First of all - the creepers.


Platform shoes are something that I'd love to wear all the time. If only I could afford more of them! I've been avoiding classic creepers mainly because I didn't like the lacing - I find the metal hooks rather ugly - but it was about time to let my usual schoolgirl shoes rest a bit (I wore them almost daily) and find something a bit less girly to match with my androgynous outfits. That's how I finally convinced myself that a pair of creepers would be a good choice after all and ordered this leopard print one.


Next - the dress. In fact, I've seen it for the first time years ago during my university days, when it was still a part of the current H&M collection, but I couldn't afford it with my tiny student budget. There was that girl in my group that I considered my archrival (it didn't seem to work the other way, though; her head was too much in the last weekend's parties to notice that short chubby girl glaring at her threateningly from the back of the classroom). One day, she just walked into the room wearing the dress I've been lusting for so much, and because her sense of style was amazing, she paired it with awesome dark red tights and platform sneakers. Holy shit! How dare she...!


Hey, I'm not finished yet! The girl kept rocking her XS-size dress till the very end of the semester, after which I left the university and never came back. Last year though, during one of my thrifted store raids, I spotted nothing else but the exact same dress. Did it manifest in my life after all because I wanted it so friggin' much? Probably. The price was so funny that even the poorfag 20-year-old me could've afforded it back then. So, the dress of my dreams was finally mine and for, like, 1/10 of the original price! Yay! I wore a black Peter Pan collar shirt and a DIY leather bowtie thingie undearneath it to make it fit into my uniform-ish wardrobe. Take a closer look at it - at first, it seems like it's covered in leopard spots, while in fact it's a kiss stain print. Just... just how could I live without it for those four years...? I truly have no idea.


dress, shirt, cardigan - thrifted

Photos taken by Marta, thank you so much!

2 komentarze:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...